Citigate Dewe Rogerson’s 11th Annual IR Survey
Citigate Dewe Rogerson announces that its 11th Annual IR Survey, based on responses from 479 Investor Relations Officers at leading companies across the world, is now available to download from the company website at citigatedewerogerson.com.
In addition to the marked impact of MiFID II on sell-side research in Europe highlighted in our earlier announcement, our findings reveal:
- Greater focus on articulating long-term strategy and ESG performance in light of growing pressure from both passive and active investors
- – 63% note increased interest/pressure from investors regarding their long-term strategy leading 72% to place educating investors regarding the company strategy as by far the most important objective for the coming year
- – 36% note an increase in engagement with passive shareholders over the last 12 months
- – 74% plan to make significant improvements to IR information sources over the coming 12months
- – 56% go above and beyond regulatory requirements when it comes to ESG reporting and 47% plan to improve ESG disclosure over the coming 12 months
- Widespread activist defence preparations but room for improvement in board engagement with shareholders
- – 22% of companies perceive an increased threat of an activist approach
- – 31% feel well prepared for an activist approach while a further 36% are working on their activist response strategy
- – 31% of IROs feel their chairperson has a strong relationship with top 10 shareholders
For further information, please contact:
Head of Investor Relations
Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Tel: +44 (0)20 3926 8517
About the Survey
Citigate Dewe Rogerson first started investigating trends in investor relations in 2009 to gain insight into how companies were adapting to the uncertain times brought about by the 2008 financial crisis. Our first survey was based on responses from 80 IROs representing companies from a wide range of European markets, sectors and company size. Since then, our annual IR survey has gained a growing number of supporters, not least from IR societies across Europe including the UK IR Society, Germany’s Deutscher Investor Relations Verband (‘DIRK’) and the IR Club. This led to a decision to include companies outside of Europe in the research for the first time in 2016. In 2019, a record 479 IROs from leading companies across the world participated in the survey, up from 221 in 2018, to provide the most comprehensive insight to date into changing attitudes and practices, from objective-setting, reporting and guidance to analyst coverage, investor and activist engagement, and harnessing technology to help meet core objectives.
About Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Founded in 1969, Citigate Dewe Rogerson is one of the most respected names in strategic financial and corporate communications. Our dedicated investor relations team has a track record of 30 years in advising boards, senior executives and IROs worldwide to build their profiles amongst the investment community and nurture relationships with key decision-makers.