- Implementation of client account work
- Act as a resource supporting account or industry sector teams
- Develop media relations and writing skills
- Develop digital PR and online monitoring skills
- Train and develop to become a senior account executive
PR and client
- Develop an understanding of clients’ business and communications objectives
- Build relationships with journalists across a range of publications
- Develop knowledge of key print and online publications including editorial style, content, and key journalists.
- Develop an understanding of the media agenda and the way in which messages can be packaged to make them useful and exciting to journalists.
- Understand and develop media sell-in techniques
- Create press releases, feature comment, online material, letters and other similar content with support from Senior Account Executive/Account Manager
- Deliver accurate and well-presented work on time
- Implement and source client features
- Proactively learn about clients and related business issues.
- Engage in contact with clients at an appropriate level (to be specified on a client by client basis)
- Gain respect and trust of the client - develop basic client handling skills
- Support all new business, marketing and general company activities as necessary
- Read national/broadsheet newspaper/website and other news sources every day, including relevant trade publications
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate with colleagues and clients appropriately at all levels.
- Have a working knowledge of digital tools such as buzz monitoring, blog publishing software, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.
- Demonstrate good time management and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Comply with company standards for planning, reporting and quality of service
- Develop an understanding of basic business principles, the financial structure of accounts and billing procedures at Citigate Dewe Rogerson
- Complete timesheets and reports honestly, accurately and in real time
- Ask for help when appropriate, but balance this with an ability to think for yourself and suggest solutions
Communications and relationships
- Be a good team player and work well with others
- Look for work – don’t wait for work to come to you
- Contribute to a happy and supportive working environment
- Forge and maintain relationships with colleagues across CDR
- Develop an awareness of CDR’s global network and Huntsworth companies
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate with colleagues and clients appropriately at all levels